Before coming to VTS, Dr. Sonderegger taught at Middlebury College and Bangor Theological Seminary.
Dr. Sonderegger completed her Ph.D. at Brown University in 1990. She previously earned a D.Min. and STM from Yale and an A.B. in medieval studies from Smith College. She is the author of That Jesus Christ Was Born a Jew: Karl Barth’s “Doctrine of Israel” (University Park: Penn State Press, 1992) and Systematic Theology, Vol 1 (Fortress Press, 2015).
Dr. Sonderegger is a member of the American Academy of Religion, Kampen-Princeton Barth Consultation, Karl Barth Society of North America; American Theological Society, and Society for the Study of Theology.
- The Doctrine of God in Karl Barth lecture for Kampen-Princeton Barth Consultation, Princeton Seminary (2005).
- In memoriam Colin Gunton, Reformed Theology and History Group, AAR (2003).
- The Doctrine of Justification and the Cure of Souls, for “The Doctrine of Justification in Christ: Where Does the Church Stand Today?” Conference, Minneapolis (2002).
- On Preaching in Karl Barth, Invited lecture at the regional meeting of the Karl Barth Society, North America (2001).
- Jesus Christ the Same, Yesterday, Today and Forever, Invited lecture at the joint meeting of the Karl Barth and Dietrich Bonhoeffer societies; Minneapolis, Minnesota (2000).