VTS at a Glance
Master in Divinity: 116
Available Courses: 77
Full-time Faculty: 20
Adjunct Faculty: 14
Academic Programs: 13
Field Education/Contextual Ministry Sites: 116
Books Published by Faculty in the Last Five Years: 23
Total Alumni: 3,288
Placement Rate: 92%
U.S. Dioceses (where Alumni serve): 103
Bishops (Alumni serving as): 105
Countries (Alumni serving in): 56
Lifelong Learning Profile
Monthly E-Newsletters: 5
Weekly Online Office Hours: 60
TryTank Ministry Experiments: 34
Research Grants: 3
Total Registrations: 7,641
Since 1938, Virginia Theological Seminary has been an accredited member of the Association of Theological Schools and is nationally recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a “reliable authority as to the quality of postsecondary education” within the meaning of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA).
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts
- Doctor of Ministry in Ministry Development
- Doctor of Ministry in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Ministry in Christian Spirituality
- Doctor of Educational Ministry in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Educational Ministry in Ministry Development
- Doctor of Educational Ministry in Christian Spirituality
- Non-Degree Programs
- Part-Time Non-Degree Program
- Continuing Education
- Anglican Studies
- Diploma in Theology
- Pathway to Ministry
- Address: 3737 Seminary Road, Alexandria VA 22304
- Campus Acreage: 88 Acres
- Buildings on Campus: 63
- Total Staff: 117
- Print Books in the Library: 201,387
- eBooks in the Library: 341,015
- Espresso Beverages available in the Flamingo: 9
- Founded: 1823
- Dean & President: The Very Rev. Ian S. Markham, Ph.D.
- Academic Dean: The Rev. Melody Knowles, Ph.D.
- Dean of Students: The Rev. Ruthanna Hooke, Ph.D.
- Board of Trustees Chair: David H. Charlton, Ph.D.
- Board of Trustees members: 34
Memberships & Affiliations
Association of Theological Schools, since 1938
Washington Theological Consortium, since 1969
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, since 2014
As of July 28, 2021.
Virginia Theological Seminary is listed as a 501(c)(3) institution under the US Internal Revenue Code. All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.